Wilderness Survival, Stealth and Beyond in LaCrosse, WI
We often dream of being called upon to test ourselves against the power and unforgiving nature of the outdoors. We also have visions of living in harmony with the same environment around us. Is survival a fight or a dance? In this class we will take you on an adventure that answers those questions. We will also address how to build both your mental and physical survival kit. What's in your kit? The tools to travel and live indefinitely among the rest of the wild: FIRE, WATER, SHELTER, and FOOD.
Increasing your self reliance opens a whole new element of self confidence. The week will start with basic survival skills and build up to transitioning from a survival situation, then to a wilderness living situation, and finally navigating back to civilization so you too can teach your community what you learned on your adventure.
- Become invisible with stealth training: silent movement and camouflage
- Practice building fire multiple ways: with a single match, fire by friction, metal match/magnesium
- Fire safety and theory: balancing oxygen, fuel, and heat, tinder selection, managing surface area
- Primitive traps including: rolling snare, deadfalls, pencil snare and more
- Finding and purifying water
- Build a survival shelter
- Compass free navigation by sun
- Increase your ability to think critically and use your common sense
- Build self confidence by increasing your self reliance
- Build your ability to use teamwork to solve problems and communicate during stealth and stalking scenarios.
- Basic knife safety
- Learn to identify wild edible and medicinal plants, use safe and ethical harvesting, and of course tasting!
- Awareness training