Fishing: Lines, traps, Frogs, Crawdads and more
in Albert Lea, MN
A bobber in a muddy pond, a cast in to the bubbling creek, or a sinker laden bait at the bottom of the ol' Miss is that essential building block of our childhood we can all remember. It gives a chance to talk about where our food comes from, the birds and clouds, or to just sit back and relax.
We'll create a fishing experience for your child that will help grow their love of the outdoors while also giving them tangible useful skills.
- Travel to different lakes, rivers, sloughs, and streams around the Seven Rivers Region
- Fish with modern poles and open-bale reels
- Make and fish with Huck and Tom style cane pole
- Make primitive fish hooks
- Learn to read the water for good fishing spots
- Cloud watching and interpretation (for weather patterns/forecasting and of course fun)
- Build primitive fish traps
- Learn to tie the most useful fishing knots
- Hone your ninja-like discipline to be silent and still in order to lure in the big one
- Study fish behavior and why, how, and when they bite
- Catch and eat crayfish
- Multiple fishing styles: bottom fishing, cast and retrieve lure fishing, bobber fishing, etc.