Advanced Wilderness Survival and Primitive Living Skills
in La Crosse, WI
Meeting your basic human needs and then taking strides along the self actualization path towards wellness. This is what this camp will focus on.
A skills based camp, we will focus hard on building efficacy in the skills and knowledge that it takes to survive and thrive in a wilderness setting.
This camp is a good fit for kids who have past experience with survival skills/outdoor skills and/or kids who are motivated to put the work inot learning skills and techniques used to meet basic human needs.
Unlike most other Seekers Wild camps, where the focus is a mix of fun and skill building all with the intention of a positive outdoor experience, this camp's focus is training and skill mastery.
- Practice building fire multiple ways: with a single match, fire by friction, metal match/magnesium, light radiation (convex lens), flint and steel, and others.
- Fire safety and theory: balancing oxygen, fuel, and heat, tinder selection, managing surface area.
- Primitive traps including: rolling snare, deadfalls, pencil snare and more.
- Finding and purifying water.
- Build survival and primitive living shelters.
- Compass free navigation techniques.
- Increase your ability to think critically and use your common sense.
- Basic knife safety, carving techniques applicable to survival/primitive living skills
- Learn to identify wild edible and medicinal plants, use safe and ethical harvesting, and of course tasting!
- Awareness training with multiple sit spots.